Yoga With Cats or Dogs or Wine Is A Thing in the Quad Cities
Do you Yoga? I've thought about doing Yoga. I have a couple of friends who do Yoga but it just seems intimidating. That's exactly why the pairing up of Yoga with cats, dogs, alcohol and holding Yoga sessions anywhere but a Yoga studio is gaining popularity.
Davenport yoga instructor Karah Rehnberg tells the Quad City Times, “when you take yoga out of a studio, it encourages more people to come, like people that might feel uncomfortable at a normal yoga class.” In the Quad Cities you can do Yoga at UP Skybar, The Figge Art Museum, Grand Hannover Farm, QC Paws, Lindsay Park and a variety of other places.
I don't know if stretching with a beer or a glass of wine is enough to get me to Yoga ... I may need need a couple of glasses to be flexible enough to make that happen. And definitely a roomy pair of sweatpants.
Here are some of the places offering different types of Yoga. Most are outside of a normal studio. There may be a cost involved. Click the links for more details:
- Yoga at UP Skybar Saturday Mornings at 9AM CT.
- Yoga the Figge Art Museum. Saturday September 15 at 10:30AM CT registration required.
- Barn Yoga. Various locations and times.
- Cat Yoga at QC Paws. Sunday at 4:30PM CT.
- Bends and Brews. Various times and days.
- Yoga at the Putnam. Wednesday September 26 PM CT